5 Life Lessons From Mother Nature
We are all familiar with the concept of mother nature, but do we really KNOW what it means to be in a natural state? These days, most of us go through life oblivious to the massive world that surrounds us. We essentially stay in our little bubble and fail to appreciate the epic beauty that she has to offer. When it comes to creating your own personal paradise there are several life lessons that can be acquired by observing mother nature.
1. The Squirrels – The squirrels teach us that play is the name of the game. All work and no play makes for a high stress lifestyle that will bring you to an early grave. The key is to learn how to have a healthy balance between hard dedicated work and taking time to appreciate the things that put a smile on your face. The squirrel also teaches us that it is important to stow away resources for the future. Failure to plan ahead can be one of the biggest mistakes one makes on their journey to paradise. A great goal to set in motion is to have three months salary saved up in case of a financial crisis.
2. The Birds – The birds teach us that we need to aim high and never stop flying once we get there. It is important that on your journey you focus on your dreams and goals. There is a big difference between a dream and a goal, both are critical to success. A dream focuses on the ultimate destination while the goal focuses on the process required to get there. Never lose sight of your dreams as they will serve as the way point when obstacles pop up in achieving your goals. The birds also teach us that the hard work doesn’t stop once we have achieved our dream. It requires consistent effort to maintain a certain level of success. Your wings need to keep flapping as you glide across the sky.
3. The Fly – The fly is a persistent fellow. When they pick up on a scent that they are attracted to they will constantly buzz around it and attempt to land until they get bored. Persistence is the key, particularly in overcoming obstacles. Sometimes life will throw crap at you and you must deal with it. Instead of crying over your “bad luck” you need to take it as a welcomed challenge. A challenge is something for you to overcome and bask in victory once you have done so. Meanwhile, a bad circumstance is a situation that causes you to wallow in self-pity.
4. The Butterfly – The glorious butterfly is elegant in her beauty. She teaches us that there is beauty in all things, but above all beauty in the self. Love yourself and love those around you. Self-love is one of the few things that can dramatically change your life for the better. Feeling genuine love for yourself can spread like wild fire throughout your soul. Once you have achieved a heightened sense of self it will feel as if you are walking on sunshine. The added benefit in loving yourself is that you learn to value your own opinion. Eventually you will seek to solve your own problems, taking control of your life.
5. The Wind – The wind as an element is one of the most dynamic elements one can encounter. It can rage through the land causing devastation or it can blow through the veins of the soul with a gentle breeze. The calming effect of the wind is not to be underestimated. The wind teaches us that one must be dynamic in their mindset and be open to new possibilities. It is important that the one who wants to achieve paradise constantly adapts to changing conditions.
These are just a few lessons that can be learned from observing mother nature. Ultimately, one should spend time outside their comfort zone in order to create something that they have never experienced before. Anyone can create their own paradise as this is something that is unique to you. Never give up and always keep an eye out and pay attention to the life lessons that mother nature can teach you. If you enjoyed this post please like, share, or subscribe!
“Paradise can only be achieved once the inner self is understood” – Negus Lamont