Think savagery is your best path to paradise? Think again!
The term “savage” has been tossed around a lot lately. It has been used both positively and negatively to shed light onto a person’s behavior. With the emergence of social media and online dating there has been an increase in savage behavior, as we become numb to our surroundings. A savage can be defined as a person who is willing to use any means necessary to get what they want. They have no regard for morals, values, or even the law. Living a savage lifestyle has a few benefits. The major benefit is that you are usually efficient in achieving your goals. When you are willing to do whatever it takes to get what you want the obstacles that would impede most people become mere hurdles. Ultimately, this kind of lifestyle leads to a path of destruction. Here are five reasons why being a savage sucks.
- No Friends – It is a rare person who can keep the same friends over a prolonged period. It is natural to outgrow once tight bonds, engage in numerous disagreements, or have personal issues impede on said friendship. A savage has no time for friendship. He/she is too busy focusing on their goals to bother maintaining the friendship. Something as simple as remembering a birthday can become too daunting of a task. This type of person will usually have no close friends that they can call on in their time of need. Ultimately, it is a lonely lifestyle that doesn’t end when you reach the top. The unfortunate truth is that most people you meet once you’ve made it to the top won’t compare to the bonds that you’ve had at the bottom. The adage holds true in this regard “it’s lonely at the top”.
- Fickle Relationships – The savage is wildly known for their promiscuous behavior. He/she will wade through partners without a care for the consequences. Traditionally, a relationship takes energy to grow and foster as two souls intertwine. A person engaged in this type of lifestyle does not have the inclination or the time to bother with fostering growth. Any type of relationship that they enter will result in inner turmoil for their partner. This is due to how quick the savage is to leave when things get tough. Arguments are not something the savage does. He/she has no interest in working things out from the get go. They would rather move on if a problem cannot be fixed with minimal effort. Once again this is a lonely lifestyle. Once the dust settles and the trail of bodies have been counted, the savage will realize they have no one to turn to.
- Manipulative – The savage likes to play games and will often string a person along until they have satisfied all their needs. This manipulation often comes at the expense of their victims who are usually innocent. The savage is motivated by greed and won’t hesitate to use anyone of value. This type of person doesn’t care if you’re a good person. Doesn’t care if you have a nice smile. Doesn’t care if you take care of your kids. This type of person only wants to know one thing. They only want to know how you can be of use to them. If you can’t be of use then there is no room for you in their inner circle. This inner circle of use is one of the few things the savage holds dear. Like a harem, they will keep multiple people around them that each fulfill a need. The problem with being manipulative is that you are bound to garner a slew of enemies. People don’t take kindly to being taken advantage of. Once the cat jumps out of the bag the savage must navigate their way through the countless people they have hurt. This is often time consuming and will usually impede their true goal.
- Failure to Heal – The sad truth about being a savage is that it comes from a place of deep hurt and inner turmoil. Most people who dabble in savage behavior have been wronged in the past. Instead of lashing out through anger as many people tend to do, they take a more “logical” route and internalize it. As you already know this is carried out by becoming numb to the world around them. Unfortunately, this route of logic over emotion has its own pitfalls. When one blocks out all the negative emotions they also block out the positive ones. It becomes difficult to feel things such as joy, love, and paradise. The worst part is that the savage doesn’t see what they are missing out on and will usually carry on this lifestyle until they hit a road block.
- Failure to Grow – The final reason is far from the least important. One who dabbles in the art of savagery will often be stuck in their ways. Once you start off cold and calculating you often end up cold and calculating. One of the major drawbacks to living a life of savagery is the inherent stagnation that pops up. To put it frankly, you can’t grow. Growth is arguably the most enjoyable process in life. It allows one to acquire new skills. Additionally, these skills are used for the benefit of oneself and the community around them. The more one evolves the more one learns. This is a fundamental fact of life. This failure to grow often comes from arrogance. The savage believes they have the world figured out. Because of this belief they tend to block out new information that threatens their view point. This usually results in their own demise.
There are many other reasons becoming a savage is not the way to go when creating your paradise. The efficiency granted through this system can be alluring, but as you have seen it has several significant drawbacks. I hope you found this post useful. Please give it a like, share, or comment. I’d love to hear some feedback on this post!
“The path of least resistance is often riddled with potholes.” – Negus Lamont
Find out the six ways your friends interact with your posts!
Social Media can be a useful way to connect with your friends. Connecting with someone online is fun, effective, and above all convenient. While navigating the online bazaar of likes, shares, and comments it is a good idea to know what you’re getting into. Below I will discuss the five different types of Social Media commenters. Why is that important to creating your paradise? When you know the motives for someone’s comment you know how to receive it. It is not uncommon for arguments to start online based on misunderstandings. Additionally, being aware of your surroundings is a key component to establishing a path for yourself. When you know the type of people you will encounter online you can decide if it’s worth your time.
- Captain Save Em – This type of commenter likes to give positive reinforcement regardless of the situation. This is strictly done to attain the affection of a woman that he hopes will sleep with him. He will say things like what an amazing “queen” when a woman posts a half-naked picture of herself. The Captain Save Em constantly focuses on uplifting a woman no matter what her flaws may be. Additionally, he will come to the defense of any woman who he feels is being disrespected, no matter how small the slight may be. It is not uncommon for the man to become engaged in a heated argument with another man even if the woman took no offense. Because of his “attack dog” demeanor he is equally hated by other men and loved by most women. Out of all the commenters this one is the most controversial.
- The Instigator – This type of commenter is on social media for entertainment purposes. He/she will scroll down their timeline in search of any sort of drama. Once a target has been located The Instigator will add fuel to the fire. This is often done in the form adding a few choice words to further infuriate one side of the argument. Another favorite tactic of the Instigator is adding an ambiguous statement or picture. By doing this they serve to confuse both parties who are already in a frenzied state. This often leads to a bigger argument to clarify the original points of view. If you have ever used the Michael Jackson thriller picture where he is eating popcorn this one is for you.
- The Judge/Politician – This political servant in training can serve many different roles in a conversation. This type of commenter is often viewed as the mediator who will try to calm both sides down. They engage in the conversation so they can act as the moral judge, jury, and executioner. It is not uncommon for this type of commenter to say things such as “It’s not that serious guys” or “Let’s focus on the original point of the post”. At first glance, they may appear to be helping the situation but they often make things worse. There is a certain degree of self-righteousness that is involved when a random person chooses to be the judge of someone else’s argument. Who are they to determine how you should conduct yourself online? Additionally, the politician will enter an argument only to play the fence. He/she will acknowledge the valid points on both sides to establish a mutual ground between them. Once again, no one asked them to act as the mediator. Out of all the commenters this one is viewed as the most annoying.
- The Pickup Artist – This type of commenter can be spotted a mile away. Fortunately for him/her this doesn’t make them any less affective. The Pickup Artist has one objective. To attract, catch, and bed a mate. There is no confusing their intentions as they are transparent out of the gate. Like the Captain Save Em he will use compliments as his weapon of choice, but the difference lays in the execution. The Pick-Up artist uses a combination of humor mixed with sexual innuendo in the form of a compliment (often a backwards one). He will go back and forth with the woman in question before casually entering her private messages. He will ignore anyone and anything that does not fall in line with his objective. Because of this focus he/she is often successful (eventually). Yes, there are such things as a female pickup artist.
- The Keyboard Warrior – AKA the tough guy/girl. This type of commenter tends to start arguments just so they can use their favorite line “Let’s take this outside”. The Keyboard Warrior likes to appear physically tough and ready for a fight at the drop of a hat. Anytime they are losing an argument they will result to the threat of violence. What makes matter worse is that they are extremely convincing in their act, and can often scare away their target. Beneath it all, this person is a troll. They get off on the attention they receive from both genders. This is the villain of the commenter crew and just wants the “world” to burn.
- The Information Seeker – Out of all the types of commenters this is the only one who truly desires peace and harmony. He/she will comment encouraging words or add a simple informative comment on a post that piques their interest. These are the silent heroes of the Social Media world. All they want is to find informative, funny, or helpful posts. You can recognize this person by the type of content they bring to the table. This type of commenter will always add value to the discussion in some shape or form.
These are the six types of Social Media commenters that you will encounter when you post something online. They can range from harmless to soul draining. It is important that one keeps an eye out for the negative people that tend to pop up in life. If you feel I have missed any please drop a comment below. I’d love to hear feedback on this post!
“When you love yourself, the only like you need is the one given to the mirror.” – Negus Lamont
Crippling loneliness? Find out how to fix it.
We have all experienced it before. That deep feeling of isolation in the pit of our stomach. The friends that we once thought were there for us are nowhere to be found. The partner or spouse that was supposed to have our back has vanished into a puff of smoke. The family members that are supposed to be thicker than water have evaporated into nothingness. It is a feeling of epic seclusion. Loneliness is one of the major causes of depression. It is a normal feeling that affects billions of people worldwide at any given moment. Below I will discuss five reasons you feel lonely and what you can do about it.
- Fake Friends – If you have ever been in a room surrounded by your cherished friends and still felt empty, you are most likely suffering from fake friend syndrome. Subconsciously these people do not have your best interests at heart. An example of this is a friend who only appears in your orbit when he/she has a favor to ask. Unfortunately, when it is time to return the act they pull a Houdini. The solution to this one is a swift form of justice. One must pull out the scissors and cut them like a piece of cloth. Fake friends will continue to suck away at your soul causing further inner turmoil and isolation.
- No Partner – If you’re single and you feel isolated then it is a natural spinoff of your upbringing. From a young age, we are conditioned to believe that two hearts must be united to feel whole. This is illustrated in movies, TV shows, to even the symbol of the heart. Contrary to popular belief the heart symbol usually depicted in media is two hearts merged together. Not having a partner can often make one feel like a failure. Furthermore, sexual desires arise causing further isolation as these desires are left unfulfilled. The solution to eliminating this kind of loneliness is to love yourself twice fold. I reiterate, you need to love yourself enough for two. When you love yourself mind, body, and soul you can surpass the need for a partner. When this need becomes a want you effectively level up your mentality. Once this is accomplished the feeling of loneliness will turn into one of eternal bliss. Why should your internal happiness rely on an external person?
- Filling A Void – Sometimes there is a nagging feeling that your missing something in life. It is difficult to pin point it but you know there is a hole inside of you. We as humans often try to fulfill this void with short-term pleasures. If you find yourself relying heavily on sex, drugs, alcohol, or social media likes for gratification then you most likely suffer from this type of loneliness. This void is often hard to fix due to the complex nature of it. Fortunately, there is a way to end the suffering. One must be willing to go out of their comfort zone and find their passion. Something that fulfills them in a way that the aforementioned never will. A great start to finding your passion is to look at some of your hobbies. The things that you enjoy doing in your free time are most likely your best bet. Imagine working on your hobby full time. I have mentioned this before and I will do so once again. The greatest entrepreneurs in the world have taken their passion and found a way to get paid for it. Filling that aching void will eliminate any sense of isolation.
- Vulnerability – Sometimes in life we feel weak to the will of those around us. This causes us to back ourselves into a corner causing us to feel isolated. This isolation turns into loneliness as there no one to turn too. Keep in mind this stems from being vulnerable. If you are naturally a docile person, then it is time to make a stand for yourself. Work on developing your voice. It will take time, energy, and effort but it is worthwhile. Once one has developed their own voice they can stand up for themselves in times of need. This results in a feeling of accomplishment and deep satisfaction.
- Solitude – Most of us don’t know who we really are. Because of this there will be times when we withdraw from society and enter hermit mode. Shacked up into the confines of our home we will begin to analyze our life. This often turns into dissatisfaction with where we are in life and where our path will lead us. It is not uncommon for a deep sense of loneliness to enter the mix when we realize that most of what we have is not what we want. The good news is that this is the first step towards inner growth. Once you accept that where you are in life is not where you want to be you pursue further knowledge. The key to working out this deep question is to continue to look inside and figure out who you want to be. There are a few helpful questions one should ask themselves. Is what I’m doing helping me be the person I want to be? What kind of legacy do I want to leave behind? Would my younger self be proud of the person I am now? Once one has dived into their psyche they can find the answers to the biggest question of all. What is my purpose in life?
Ultimately – Loneliness doesn’t have to be the be all end all of happiness. It can often be the gateway to paradise. Once one tackles the hard questions in their lives they can make the necessary changes. It is up to you to take the first step in creating your paradise. Accepting that you are lonely and want more is a great place to start. These are just a few of the reasons why you may feel lonely, if you know of any others please drop a comment below. I would love to hear feedback on this post.
“Paradise is just a step in the right direction.” – Negus Lamont
Friendships are tricky…especially when some of your friends wish you ill!
There comes a point in time where one must assess their friendships and decide whether they have established healthy relationships with the people around them. It is not uncommon for some of these relationships to be riddled with hidden agendas and ulterior motives. To make matters worse it is easier than ever to offend someone without you knowing. Below are five reasons why at least a few of your friends want you to fail and what you can do to combat that negativity. Continue reading “5 reasons your friends want you to fail”